Picked up this beauty at a garage sale for $5.00 a while back. It wasn’t much to look at, but it was all wood, and a decent size and shape. In all honesty I had no clue what I was going to do with it, but I couldn’t just pass it up!
After a few weeks of walking past it in my garage, I started getting some ideas, and I really wanted my garage space back! So I jumped right in.
I started by dismantling the doors.
Next, I removed the back panel, and then sanded down the entire unit. I beefed up the base and the top to give it more visual weight. ( You can see more details about the basic premise here.)
I then started trimming out all the corners and edges. (Again, you can see more details about this process, here.)
See look how pretty! I used concealed hinges so that it would hide the fact that they aren’t real drawers. If you want more info on installing the doors you can see my
“Apothecary Cabinet” tutorial.
I also added interior shelving , for practicality purposes.
Cost Breakdown :
- Hinges $10.00
- Pulls $6.00
- Trim Pieces $25.00 (Approximately, I had some on hand.
- Cabinet $5.00
Total Cost $46.00! I flipped it, and sold it for $375. 00
Enjoy, and Happy Holidays!