We were given our crib by a good friend, and it was well “loved” by Wyatt, as made evident by the many teeth marks all over it. When I was preparing the new nursery for Lincoln I decided that new paint was not enough… it needed a new look.
First: I started by cutting the bead board paneling so that it would fit in the end caps.
Second: Then I cut off the rounded top of the end caps, and put a 1×3 across the top with a piece of trim under that.
Last Step: Sanded it completely down followed by , 2 coats of primer, followed by a topcoat.
Ta-Da a little elbow grease and a sheet of bead board go a long way!
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-42131831-1’, ‘sewingandsanding.blogspot.com’);